EDI DOESN’T HAVE TO BE TRICKY FOR RETAILERS
With an EDI as a Service approach, automated supply chain communication becomes effortless. Even the most complicated retailer EDI requirements can be satisfied via a single, simple connection to ecosio.
Everything from supplier onboardings right through to ongoing message monitoring is handled by our dedicated Document and Integration Engineers – leaving you free to concentrate on what your business does best!
“ecosio offers the highest quality service and support.”
HOW RETAILERS BENEFIT
Freedom to focus on what you do best
- No more stress, as ecosio handles supplier onboardings from start to finish
- Powerful EDI dashboard within your existing ERP system
- Easy access to key EDI information for your Purchasing team and other internal departments
- Industry-leading support from dedicated and enthusiastic EDI experts
Streamlined supplier communication via a single connection
- All file formats covered (ANSI, EDIFACT, TRADACOMS, etc.)
- Simplify message exchange with smaller suppliers and extend automation across the long tail with ecosio’s Web EDI
- Connect to all other retail partners, from logistic providers to payment consolidators (e.g. Markant)
- All key retail concepts supported (CPFR, dropshipping, VMI, etc.)
- Headache-free e-invoicing in accordance with constantly changing regulations
Affordability and flexibility
- Cloud-based solution provides flexibility without prohibitive “price cliffs”
- Supplier relationship management modules, such as demand forecasting and quality management, can be added as required
- Transparent cost structure = no hidden costs or unpleasant surprises
- Fixed fee for realisation of message types (ORDERS/ORDRSP/DESADV/INVOIC)
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
Get in touch today to find out how ecosio’s solution has revolutionised EDI for retailers
Why EDI as a Service is the new normal in retail
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE…
- What successful EDI really looks like
- The problems Migros and Ottakringer overcame during their respective EDI projects
- How retailer EDI requirements are changing
- The key to a future-proof EDI solution
GET IN TOUCH
WANT TO BENEFIT FROM TOP SHELF EDI?
Frequently Asked Questions
EDI (or electronic data interchange) is used in the retail industry to enable suppliers and retailers to exchange critical information with each other automatically. With EDI there’s no need for messages such as orders, invoices and delivery notes to be sent manually via letter or email. Instead, data is exchanged instantly and with minimal human intervention.
EANCOM (a subset of EDIFACT developed in the late 1980s) is the most commonly used EDI standard in retail across Europe. In the UK TRADACOMS is also popular. Meanwhile, ANSI X12 is often used in North America.
The most common retail EDI protocols are AS2, X.400, SFTP and FTPS. AS2 became the most used retail protocol in the early 2000s after Walmart required its suppliers to use it. Today, however, the above protocols are all commonly used.
While setting up an EDI solution involves a lot of technical know-how, getting started with retail EDI doesn’t have to be difficult. For retailers without substantial in-house EDI expertise, EDI can be integrated easily via an EDI as a Service solution. In such an approach all EDI tasks are handled by your solution provider, leaving you free to focus on what you do best.
The three most common pitfalls retailers fall into wen it comes to EDI are…
- Trying to do too much in-house despite insufficient resources/expertise
- Failing to build a resilient solution that can adapt when requirements evolve
- Delaying migration through fear of changing a running system.