Episode 5: Common EDI Mistakes
When handled well, EDI can bring businesses many impressive benefits. However, implementing and maintaining a successful EDI system can be tricky. In this episode, Will speaks to Julia Thaller – ecosio’s Head of Sales – about the most common mistakes people make when it comes to EDI… and how to avoid them.
Please see chapter timestamps on the right in case you would like to skip to a certain section. The chapters can also be found by hovering over the module and clicking on the bullet point icon.
- [2:12] Mistake 1: Not considering the three main components of successful EDI
- [5:24] Mistake 2: Underestimating EDI effort
- [9:16] Mistake 3: Poor planning
- [09:16] Mistake 4: Not recognising the potential to enable business departments
- [17:38] Mistake 5: Sticking with a bad EDI system
- [21:10] Mistake 6: Not understanding EDI contract terms
- [25:21] Julia’s top EDI tips!