As supply chain partner networks grow, so, often, does the complexity of electronic data interchange (EDI) processes. With multiple Value Added Networks (VANs) in an EDI landscape, processes can easily become tangled and obscure, and central process governance frustrating and costly. Not only does gaining access to various mailboxes and networks cost money, resolving issues takes a lot of time when you can’t identify where an error has occurred (let alone who needs to be contacted to resolve it).
So how can processes be simplified and costs reduced?
As we explore in this webinar, the answer lies in enlisting the help of a fully managed EDI solution. With this approach, disparate VAN connections are consolidated into one reliable and easily manageable “last mile” connection. Join our EDI experts to find out more.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding VAN topologies and their implications
- Cost considerations and the problem of direct connection to multiple VANs
- Consolidation of VAN connections into one connection to a single fully managed VAN
- Planning and executing a smooth transition with a fully managed service provider
“ecosio enabled our team to gain a clearer understanding of key processes.”
“Content was useful and clearly expressed. I also appreciated the passion with which information was shared.”
About the speaker
Dr Philipp Liegl manages the operational business at ecosio and coordinates the handling of customer projects.
- UN/CEFACT standardisation contributor
- Over 15 years of EDI project experience in FMCG, retail, manufacturing, industry and automotive
- Coordinated international EDI and e-invoicing projects as technical project leader
- Still loves to tinker around with integration challenges – in particular with SAP