What is a VAN?
Value-added networks (VANs) are closed-circuit EDI networks to which companies – such as GXS or Ariba – can be connected, and over which data is exchanged via different protocols. To communicate with a company using a VAN, you generally require a VAN of your own, which can quickly lead to high running costs.
One VAN connection - a worldwide network
ecosio replaces the need for a VAN connection. Using just a single connection to ecosio Integration Hub, messages can be sent to and received from any VAN worldwide. Should a business currently make use of several VANs, ecosio can consolidate these into a single connection.
Central monitoring is also a key benefit, as ecosio will deal quickly and efficiently with any connection issues and technical support needs.
Examples of supported VANs
Ecosio supports all commonly used international Value Added Networks as well as connections to EDI providers worldwide. The following list is a small selection of all supported VANs and providers.
- TGMS GXS/OpenText
- HPE (Hewlett Packard) BES
- IBM Supply Chain Business Network (formerly IBM Sterling)
- ICCNET/EasyLink part of GXS/OpenText
- INPOSIA / GPXONE
- ROCKET Software
- TIE Kinnetix
- . . .
Your benefits with ecosio
- Access to VANS and EDI services worldwide via one single connection to ecosio Integration Hub
- Worry-free connection to new VANs or a replacement for existing VAN connections
- Direct integration of EDI messages in your own ERP system via ecosio API
- 24/7 Monitoring of all connections by ecosio and proactive error information and troubleshooting
- Elimination of high VAN-routing expenses
- Cost transparency through simple message-based billing
- Professional support from ecosio’s expert team
Visibility and control
For a full overview of your EDI processes, ecosio lets you follow incoming and outgoing EDI messages and their delivery statuses in real time. Stay informed about your message and be notified when it has been successfully delivered to your recipient or handed over to a third party network such as PEPPOL.
Using ecosio API, the delivery status of your messages can even be accessed directly from your ERP system.
Useful features include:
- Status overview of all sent and received messages
- Full text search of all sent and received documents
- User management with unlimited users
- Flexible message statistics and graphical representation of your communication flow
- Message archive with customisable retention periods
- Download option for local processing
See how we've helped to revolutionise our clients' B2B processes.
Can we help?
Get in touch!
Would you like to find out more about VAN connectivity and how ecosio could help you? Get in touch for a personal consultation where we can provide advice based on your individual needs.