Despite its growing use across supply chains, EDI is far from new, and has been used by businesses for decades to help streamline B2B communication. For many companies internal EDI processes have evolved gradually, adapting to support a growing partner network and shifting requirements. Unfortunately, however, thanks to the complexity that accompanies the organic growth of inhouse EDI processes, historical EDI solutions are often plagued by inefficiency. In particular, with much having been implemented on a per-partner basis, there is typically little scope for reuse of work, meaning every partner connection is as difficult as the last. Across a jumble of connection types and software platforms, too, even simple tasks such as message monitoring and error resolution become complicated and time consuming.
Thankfully, as we’ll explore in this webinar, all these issues and more can be resolved by migrating to fully managed EDI. Join ecosio’s experts to learn what a successful B2B integration system looks like in SAP ERP and S/4HANA, what migration involves, and what you can do to move towards efficient, future-proof EDI.
Topics covered will include:
- How can I move my scattered SAP EDI landscape to a fully managed EDI solution?
- How do I preserve my custom code while still being able to exchange using modern technologies (e.g. IDocs)?
- How will migration to a fully managed solution impact my infrastructure and inhouse teams?
- What are the implications for supplier and customer processes and which other partner processes can be optimised?
- What does roll-out of a fully managed EDI solution look like?
- How does monitoring and error resolution work in such a solution?
- Buy or build? Which makes more sense?
At ecosio Philipp is responsible for the operational business and coordinates the customer projects. Thereby, he consults international companies in the development of appropriate concepts and solutions for the realization of electronic data interchange – mainly in SAP ERP environments.