What we'll cover
In order to allow EDI processes to flow seamlessly between B2B partners, being able to accurately identify unique business partners, EDI mailboxes, products, services and shipping units is crucial.
Thankfully GS1 standards enable businesses to do exactly this.
In this webinar ecosio’s experts will outline the various GS1 standards and how they are used in EDI processes, using real-world EDI messages as examples. By the end you’ll have a clear understanding of how GS1 standards and EDI interrelate.
Topics covered will include:
- The benefits of using a common numbering system rather than bilateral IDs
- How GS1 standards are used in EDI
- A brief introduction to EANCOM
- How EDI IDs are stored in ERP systems
- How IDs map to EDI messages (ship-to, sold-to etc.)
There will also be a Q&A session for attendees to ask any questions about their specific projects. To register simply enter your details in the form.
“ecosio enabled our team to gain a clearer understanding of key processes.”
“Content was useful and clearly expressed. I also appreciated the passion with which information was shared.”
About the speaker
Dr Philipp Liegl manages the operational business at ecosio and coordinates the handling of customer projects.
- UN/CEFACT standardisation contributor
- Over 15 years of EDI project experience in FMCG, retail, manufacturing, industry and automotive
- Coordinated international EDI and e-invoicing projects as technical project leader
- Still loves to tinker around with integration challenges – in particular with SAP